a transparent and ethical company and expects that its ethics and values are intentionally
upheld all across. EmarinersApp is bound by the relevant law of the land.
We suggest you go through our policies carefully, and keep visiting for updates.
We collect and generate various data points about you.
Data by which you are identified is termed as “Personal Data”. Personal Data does not mean information that is freely available or accessible in public domain.
Your Privacy is of utmost importance to us and protection of your Personal Data is a key commitment for us.
We are also governed by the provisions of applicable law in India including the Information Technology Act 2000 and the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 to maintain the privacy of your Personal Data.
Personal Data we may collect from you are
1. Personal details (e.g. name, contact details including, residential address, date of birth, documents such as identity card / passport details / Aadhaar details / PAN / Voter ID / driving license, and/or education details) provided by you to us to avail various products/services from us.
2. Your details including transaction history, balances, payment details, for effecting transfer of monies through various payment channels provided by us.
3. financial details (e.g. income, expenses, and/or credit history) needed as part of request for some of our products/services;
4. images of documents/ photos required to avail any of our products/services.
5. voice recordings of our conversations with our customer care agent with you to address your queries/grievances;
6. employment details (e.g. occupation, positions held, employment history, salary and/or benefits) as part of our record retention for credit/various product evaluations or required under applicable law including Prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005
7. specimen signature(s) for processing of your instructions received by us through our various payment and delivery channels;
8. opinions provided by you to us by way of feedback or responses to surveys;
9. information obtained from your mobile device by way of using our app like device location, communication information including contacts and call logs, device information (including storage, model, mobile network), transactional and promotional SMS/app notifications.
Any Personal Data that we have access to
shall never be shared without your consent.
In various processes / submission of applications / availment of product/service offerings, we even seek your explicit consent to use / share your Personal Data.
In our business and operational processes, we only share the data on a partial and “need-to-know” basis to designated personnel or partners or service providers.
We will share your data with competent/ legal/statutory/regulatory agencies / authorities or partners/service providers acting on our behalf (as the case may be) in following cases:
1. only for enabling the provision of the products/services availed by you, strictly on a “need to know” basis and subject to applicable laws.
2. it is directed or required by legal/regulatory / statutory / governmental authorities under applicable laws/regulations though a legally obligated request.
3. it is required by financial institutions to verify, mitigate or prevent fraud or to manage risk or recover funds in accordance with applicable laws/regulations.
We use your Personal Data in our business
activities for providing our or our partners’ products/services and to perform,
among other actions, the following:
1. to facilitate the transactions or report on these transactions;
2. to undertake research and analytics for offering or improving our products/services and their security and service quality;
3. to check and process your applications submitted to us for products/services and/or instructions or requests received from you in respect of these products/services;
4. to share with you, updates on changes to the products/services and their terms and conditions;
5. to take up or investigate any complaints/claims/disputes;
6. to respond to your queries or feedback submitted by you;
7. to verify your identity for us to provide products/services to you;
8. to carry credit checks, screenings or due diligence checks as lawfully required by us;
9. to monitor and review products/services from time to time;
10.to undertake financial/regulatory/management reporting, and create and maintain various risk management models;
11. for conducting audits and for record keeping purposes;
12. for selective offers and promotions.
We also use your Personal Data to fulfill the requirements of applicable laws/regulations and/or court orders/regulatory directives received by us.
1. You may delete your EmarinersApp account at any point of time
by making such choice in EmarinersApp desktop website, mobile WAP site or mobile
application. With this we will no longer provide your data for external
processing as mentioned above. However, we retain your Personal Data as long as
the purpose for its usage exists, after which the same is disposed off by us
except for any record retention required as per applicable law.
2. The provisions of various laws require your transaction logs to be stored for longer periods post the deletion of an account. Further, in the event of the pendency of any legal/regulatory proceeding or receipt of any legal and/or regulatory direction to that effect, we may be required by the law of the land to retain your Personal Data for longer periods.
1. Please note that a “cookie” is a small
piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later
read back from that browser.
2. We may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered.
3. No Personal Data will be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided Personal Data, cookies may be tied to such information.
We take various steps and measures to
protect the security of your Personal Data from misuse, loss, unauthorised
access, modification or disclosure. We use latest secure server layers
encryption and access control on our systems. Our safety and security processes
are audited by a third party cyber security audit agency from time to time.
We have provided multiple levels of security to safeguard your app by Login/Logout option and AppLock feature that can be enabled by you. We also ensure the device binding so that the same login cannot be used on different device without any additional authentication/OTP. Please do not share your EmarinersApp login, password and OTP details with anybody.
You may contact us on any aspect of this policy or for any discrepancies/grievances with respect to your Personal Data, by writing to us at EmarinersApp Private Limited, Modi Bhawan, Sugiadih More, Hirak Road, K.G. Ashram, Dhanbad, Jharkhand – 828109.
This policy will be reviewed by us as and
when required and the same may change at any time. The latest & most
updated policy can always be found at